Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 304
Publication Date: 2005
|Dimensions: 8 X 5.37 (inches)|
The Spiritual Art of Creative Silence: Lessons in Christian MeditationJeanie MileySmyth & Helwys Publishing, Inc / Trade Paperback$13.13 Retail:
$14.00Save 6% ($0.87)
Enter a Monastery Without Walls
Christian Meditation introduces an ancient practice to a contemporary audience. James Finley, a former monk and student of Thomas Merton, presents the fundamentals of both understanding and practicing Christian meditation. He provides simple, helpful instructions, as well as explaining the deeper connection with the divine that meditation can bring. Above all, he makes clear that the aim of meditation is to allow us to experience divine contemplation -- the presence of God.
James Finley is a former Trappist monk who studied closely with Thomas Merton. He is the author of Thomas Merton’s Palace of Nowhere. He is now a renowned psychological and spiritual counselor in Santa Monica, CA, who leads retreats and workshops on a regular basis throughout North America.
Nancy Barrick1 Stars Out Of 5July 16, 2009Nancy BarrickI thought this book had nothing to do with Christianity. It was based on mystical oneness with God. Based on scripture that is not meditation.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Prayer
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Solitude
- Books >> Christian Living >> Prayer
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Prayer
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Solitude
- Christian Living >> Prayer
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books >> Christian Living
- Last Chance Bargains >> Christian Living