Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Rose Publishing Product Code: 705X
|Title: Christian History Made Easy: Rose Bible Basics|
By: Timothy Paul Jones
Number of Pages: 224
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2009
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 4 ounces
Series: Rose Bible Basics Books
Stock No: WW363281
Heart of the Holy Land: 40 Reflections on Scripture and PlacePaul H. WrightHendrickson Publishing Group / 2020 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:
$17.99Save 39% ($7.00)
WINNER of the Christian Retailers' Choice Awards 2010 for the "most significant new life-changing products in the Christian retail industry."
Christian History Made Easy clearly lays out the most important events in the history of the church, from the time of Jesus to modern day. Christian History Made Easy explains early church history, the Church Councils, the Great Schism, the Crusades, Francis of Assisi, John Wycliffe, Martin Luther, the Protestant Reformation, and more. This incredible handbook presents key church history events and great Christian leaders everyone should know, along with full-color church history timelines, photos, pictures, and maps. The study guide and worksheets in the back makes this book an excellent Bible Study, adults Sunday school topics, or homeschool curriculum. Author Timothy Paul Jones makes Christian history refreshingly fun while at the same time informing Christians about the history of the Christian faith. Full-color, 224 pages, paperback, 6 x 9 inches.
- ENGAGING—Find out the fascinating and inspiring stories of key people, such as Martin Luther, Augustine, Francis of Assisi, John Calvin, Charles Finney, John Bunyan, and more!
- EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND—Enjoy getting a simple overview of all key events throughout Christian history, including how we got the Bible; creeds; the Crusades; revivals; and more!
- PACKED WITH VISUALS—including charts, time lines, pictures, maps, photos, and illustrations.
- FASCINATING FACTS—Enjoy discovering fascinating facts, such as: St. Patrick was kidnapped by pirates and sold to a sheepherder in Ireland!
Each Chapter of Christian History Made Easy Includes
- Key events & concepts
- Names, key terms, and definitions you should know
- Full-color Bible maps and time lines
- At the end of each chapter is a student guide, student worksheet, learning activity and quiz
Christian History Made Easy Covers Major Events in Church History
Early Church History
- The Early Church & Church Fathers—the Age of the Apostles, The Destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem
- Persecution of Christians—Emperor Nero, Martyrdom of Peter, Paul, Justin Martyr
- Christianity legalized in the Roman Empire, Emperor Constantine, and more
The Byzantine Era
- The Council of Nicaea, The Nicene Creed, Fall of the Roman Empire, rise of the Eastern Orthodox Church
- Rise of Islam and the Islamic Conquest in Europe, Great Schism, the Crusades, and more
Pre-Reformation Church History
- Middle Ages, Bubonic Plague, the Wycliffe Bible
- The Renaissance, Joan of Arc, Constantinople, Johann Gutenberg's printing press, and more
The Protestant Reformation
- Martin Luther, 95 Theses, The Geneva Bible, Church of England, King James Version Bible
- Pilgrim's Progress, Quaker founded, first Protestant missionary societies, and more
The Great Awakening and Church History in America and Europe
- Handel writes the Messiah, Sunday school is developed, divisions over slavery in Baptist history
- Abolition, YMCA an YWCA founded, Salvation Army founded, and more
Church History in the 20th and 21st Century
- Azusa Street, Discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Modern political State of Israel
- C.S. Lewis, Roman Catholic church apologizes for lack of leadership during the Holocaust, and more