- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Christian History Made Easy Participant Guide to the DVD-based study for individuals or groups: 12 weeks to a better understanding of the key events and people every Christian should know.
The history of Christianity is the story of reformers and revivalists, martyrs and crusaders. It's the story of how the good news of Jesus has spread around the globe. It's the story of God's Spirit working through ordinary people in extraordinary ways. This story enables God's people to read their Bibles better, to evaluate their beliefs more wisely, and to understand why other Christians do what they do.
Includes: session outlines to follow along with the video, key terms and definitions, charts, study questions and activities for further learning. Ages: Young adult to adult.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2012
People and Events Every Christian Should Know
In this 12-session DVD-based study, Dr. Timothy Paul Jones takes you through the most important events in Christian history from the time of the apostles to today. He brings to life the fascinating people and events that shaped our world. This isn't dry names and dates. It's full of dramatic stories told with a touch of humor. This series, based on Dr. Jones's popular award-winning book Christian History Made Easy, ties in spiritual lessons believers can glean by looking at the past, and shows how God was still working in his church despite all the ups and downs.
You will learn:
- The fascinating stories of people such as St. Patrick, Martin Luther, and Augustine.
- People who changed history: Constantine, Charlemagne, and Francis of Assisi
- How we got the Bible that we read today — John Wycliffe, William Tyndale and others.
- The Middle Ages and the Reformation: Kings and Queens, Monks and Reformers
- Where church doctrines and practices originated.
- How the Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant churches came to be.
- Reason and Revival - How modernity and the scientific revolution affected Christianity.
- How Christianity has spread around the world
You don't have to be an expert to lead this 12-session study. Perfect for small groups, Bible studies, or personal use. Ages: Young adult to adult.
The 12 sessions cover major eras and topics with plenty of stories and humor. You'll cover the early church, monasticism, medieval conflicts, the Protestant Reformation, the Great Awakening, 19th-century missions, modernity, and postmodernism.