- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2012
People and Events Every Christian Should Know
In this 12-session DVD-based study, Dr. Timothy Paul Jones takes you through the most important events in Christian history from the time of the apostles to today. He brings to life the fascinating people and events that shaped our world. This isn't dry names and dates. It's full of dramatic stories told with a touch of humor. This series, based on Dr. Jones's popular award-winning book Christian History Made Easy, ties in spiritual lessons believers can glean by looking at the past, and shows how God was still working in his church despite all the ups and downs.
You will learn:
- The fascinating stories of people such as St. Patrick, Martin Luther, and Augustine.
- People who changed history: Constantine, Charlemagne, and Francis of Assisi
- How we got the Bible that we read today — John Wycliffe, William Tyndale and others.
- The Middle Ages and the Reformation: Kings and Queens, Monks and Reformers
- Where church doctrines and practices originated.
- How the Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant churches came to be.
- Reason and Revival - How modernity and the scientific revolution affected Christianity.
- How Christianity has spread around the world
You don't have to be an expert to lead this 12-session study. Perfect for small groups, Bible studies, or personal use. Ages: Young adult to adult.
The 12 sessions cover major eras and topics with plenty of stories and humor. You'll cover the early church, monasticism, medieval conflicts, the Protestant Reformation, the Great Awakening, 19th-century missions, modernity, and postmodernism.
Rich from So Calif5 Stars Out Of 5Tomorrow we start this journeyAugust 19, 2016Rich from So CalifQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I have reviewed all 12 videos and am getting ready to start a Men's study with this material. I think it is even better organized than How We got the Bible, and that was a great study also. I highly recommend this study... videos, main book, and supporting material.
Laurel5 Stars Out Of 5Helpful bookFebruary 21, 2015LaurelThe participant's guide is helpful to have when you are going through the video series. We are using both for our weekly Bible study and the book is a good location for keep notes and on track with the message. The questions are a good starting point and lead to more in-depth discussions about Christianity today versus whatever section we are covering that week.
CliffState College, PAAge: 55-65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Good OverviewJanuary 16, 2014CliffState College, PAAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4This is a good resource for an overview of church history. The book in combination with the video series is very helpful to develop a framework to view church history. The information in the participant's guide is very good. I am using this for a 13 week Sunday School class and I have had many positive comments about the series.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides