Add To Cart
Christian Guides to the Classics: Milton's Paradise Lost
Add To Cart
Leland Ryken provides a clear pathway to understanding the "Great Works" through this engaging series of short guidebooks. Beginning with "why the classics matter" and "how to read a story," readers will find a helpful path to reading and analyzing influential works in the Western canon. Evaluating the text from a distinctly Christian perspective, this guide to Milton's Paradise Lost includes commentary, points out scriptural allusions and biblical subtext, summarizes sections of lines, and examines Milton's nuanced use of language.
Christian Guide to the Classics books provide:
- An introduction to the author and work
- An explanation of the cultural context
- Published criticism
- Definitions of key literary terms
- Discussion questions
- Resources for further study
93 pages, softcover. High School-Adult.
|Title: Christian Guides to the Classics: Milton's Paradise Lost|
By: Leland Ryken
Number of Pages: 94
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 8.25 X 5.25 (inches)|
Weight: 4 ounces
Series: Christian Guides to the Classics
Stock No: WW526206
John Milton, John LeonardPenguin Random House / 2009 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$8.40
Retail Price$12.00Save 30% ($3.60)
John MiltonSignet Classics / 2010 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$5.94
Retail Price$7.95Save 25% ($2.01)
William Kerrigan, John Rumrich & Stephen M. Fallon, eds.Random House / 2007 / HardcoverOur Price$54.00
Retail Price$60.00Save 10% ($6.00)
Leland Ryken (PhD, University of Oregon) served as professor of English at Wheaton College for nearly 50 years. He has authored or edited over fifty books, including The Word of God in English and A Complete Handbook of Literary Forms in the Bible. He is a frequent speaker at the Evangelical Theological Society's annual meetings and served as literary stylist for the English Standard Version Bible.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Language Arts
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Literature Study Guides
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Poetry
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Writing Subjects >> Poetry
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Poetry
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction
- Last Chance Bargains >> Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Literature Study Guides
- Last Chance Bargains >> Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Poetry
- Last Chance Bargains >> Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Writing Subjects >> Poetry
- Last Chance Bargains >> Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Poetry
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.