Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Leland Ryken provides a clear pathway to understanding the "Great Works" through this engaging series of short guidebooks. Beginning with "why the classics matter" and "how to read a story," readers will find a helpful path to reading and analyzing influential works in the Western canon. Evaluating the text from a distinctly Christian perspective, this guide to Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter includes commentary, points out scriptural allusions and biblical subtext, summarizes the plot, and examines Hawthorne's use of symbolism.
Christian Guide to the Classics books provide:
- An introduction to the author and work
- An explanation of the cultural context
- Published criticism
- Definitions of key literary terms
- Discussion questions
- Resources for further study
73 pages, softcover. High School-Adult.
Christian Guides to the Classics: Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter
By: Leland Ryken
Number of Pages: 73
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 8.25 X 5.25 (inches)|
Weight: 3 ounces
Series: Christian Guides to the Classics
Stock No: WW526084
The Scarlet Letter Progeny Press Study Guide, Grades 9-12Irene LapeProgeny Press / 2003 / Trade Paperback$19.89 Retail:
$24.99Save 20% ($5.10)
The Scarlet Letter, Novel Units Teacher's Guide, Grades 9-12Nathaniel HawthorneECS Learning Systems, Inc. / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:
$12.99Save 15% ($2.00)
The Scarlet Letter, Novel Units Student Packet, Grades 9-12Nathaniel HawthorneECS Learning Systems, Inc. / Other, N/A$11.49 Retail:
$13.99Save 18% ($2.50)
Leland Ryken (PhD, University of Oregon) served as professor of English at Wheaton College for nearly 50 years. He has authored or edited over fifty books, including The Word of God in English and A Complete Handbook of Literary Forms in the Bible. He is a frequent speaker at the Evangelical Theological Society's annual meetings and served as literary stylist for the English Standard Version Bible.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Language Arts
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> American Literature
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Literature Study Guides
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction
- Last Chance Bargains >> Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> American Literature
- Last Chance Bargains >> Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Literature Study Guides
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.