On Christian Doctrine, in Four Books - eBook
- All Products
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Publication Date: 2010
In On Christian Doctrine, St. Augustine helps readers discover, teach, and defend the truths of Scripture. According to St. Augustine, in order for Christians to fully understand Scripture, it should be interpreted with faith, hope, and love. St. Augustine helps readers recognize and interpret figurative expressions and ambiguous language. St. Augustine suggests that readers consult original translations and commit difficult terms to memory. He also suggests we familiarize ourselves with the meaning of frequently used symbols, such as shepherd and sheep. For those who teach the Scripture to others, St. Augustine says we must teach in honesty--not for self-seeking purposes. This text offers an impressive wealth of practical wisdom for reading the Bible. It is evident that St. Augustine earnestly wanted his readers to understand God's Word. -Emmalon Davis, CCEL Staff Writer
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Saints & Blessed >> Augustine
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Saints & Blessed >> Augustine
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Catholic