Christian College, The: A History of Protestant Higher Education in America - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
This well-researched, thorough survey of the past, present and future of Christian education in America was the first comprehensive history of Protestant higher education when first published. From Harvard's founding in the 17th century to its present state, Ringenberg explores the development of the Protestant college in light of colonial influnces, the expansion of education after the Revolution, and the rise of socialism. These new insights into Christian colleges' growth and and increasing strength gives us a complete picture of the true state of religious Protestant colleges in the United States today. Features a new chapter "On to the Twenty-First Century" and introduction by Mark Noll. 256 pages, softcover.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Academic
Publication Date: 2006
When it first appeared in 1984 The Christian College was the first modern comprehensive history of Protestant higher education in America. Now this second edition updates the history, featuring a new chapter on the developments of the past two decades, a major introduction by Mark Noll, a new preface and epilogue, and a series of instructive appendixes.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> American Religious History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> General Church History Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> American Religious History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> General Church History Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> American Religious History
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> General Church History Studies