- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
An unprecedented anthology of apologetics texts with selections from the first century AD through the Middle Ages. Includes introductory material, timelines, maps, footnotes, and discussion questions.
The apostle Peter tells us always to be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks us to account for our hope as Christians (1 Peter 3:15). While the gospel message remains the same, such arguments will look different from one age to another.
In the midst of a recent revival in the field of apologetics, few things could be more useful than an acquaintance with some of these arguments for the Christian belief through the ages. This first of two proposed volumes features primary source documents from the time of the early church (100-400) and the Middle Ages (400-1500). Featured apologists include Aristides, Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Tertullian, Origen, Athanasius, Augustine, Anselm, and Thomas Aquinas.
The authors provide a preface to each major historical section, with a timeline and a map, then an introduction to each apologist. Each primary source text is followed by questions for reflection or discussion purposes.
Ronald LyndenLas Vegas NV.Age: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Should be required reading!March 2, 2011Ronald LyndenLas Vegas NV.Age: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5The best way to "learn" is from the masters themselves. Required reading at Westminster Theological Seminary; the apologetic written by Augustine is money well spent alone for his testaments and his understanding of God, and his connection with the filth of man; next to the purity of God. From Justin Martyr to pre-middle ages and the writings of Thomas Aquinas, the book is written in two volumes to which I committed myself to read the second volume as well! I can't wait, (though with patience through Jesus) the second volume will be available 9/11/11 from CBD.com. A must have, and a must read that follows along with the Foxe and similar Theologies. All can make much needed time to read these men's thoughts, and how the roots of the Church came to Life. It will deepen your desire to share your faith with others, and increase your faith because of knowledge gained. A truly beautiful read; this will surely become a mandated book to read for all. . . . In His service; Pastor Ron
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Ancient Writings of the Early Church
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Reference
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Ancient Writings of the Early Church
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Reference
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Ancient Writings of the Early Church
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology