Christ Connection: How the World Religions Prepared the Way for the Phenomenon of Jesus - eBook
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Paraclete Press
Publication Date: 2011
In The Christ Connection noted apologist Varghese (There Is a God, co-written with atheist-turned-Christian philosopher, Antony Flew) offers a comprehensive and compelling formulation of the monumental discovery that Jesus of Nazareth is God and man, Messiah and Savior. The book explores: · The pre-Christian religions from native peoples to Egyptians and ancient Judaism pointing the way to the Messiah to come · Jesus as a phenomenon unique in human history · The Christ connection as a rendezvous of the religions · Fifteen grounds that lead us to affirm Jesus as God and man and Savior · The foundations of the doctrine of the Trinity in human experience.
Roy Abraham Varghese has edited and authored several books ranging across philosophy, science and theology, most notably Cosmos which Time magazine called the years most intriguing book about God. He also co-authored, with Antony Flew, the book There Is a God: How the Worlds Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind.
Christian apologist Varghese (There Is a God) surveys world religions to discover elements they have in common with Christianity before he looks at those writers who challenge the tenets of Christianity itself. A great deal of the book examines how thinkers or movements through the ages have considered the historical Jesus, including the 19th-century quest for the Jesus of history and the contemporary Jesus Seminar. The author also looks to the Bible itself and the writings of church councils and the church fathers. For believers in Christ, Varghese gives 15 "grounds and dimensions that may serve as launching pads for your flight of faith." In the final analysis, he concludes, faith in the Triune Christian God is the way to salvation, dependent on reason and history to know Jesus and make a proper "Christ connection." Even though the author seeks a faith audience, this book will appeal most to the scholar looking to find Jesus in history. (June) Copyright 2011 Reed Business Information.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Christology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Catholic Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Catholic >> Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Christology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Catholic