- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
With so many Bible translations available today, how can you find those that will be most useful to you? What is the difference between a translation that calls itself literal and one that is more meaning-based? And what difference does it make for you as a reader of Gods Word? How to Choose a Translation for All Its Worth brings clarity and insight to the current debate over translations and translation theories. Written by two seasoned Bible translators, here is an authoritative guide through the maze of translations issues, written in language that everyday Bible readers can understand. Learn the truth about both the word-for-word and meaning-for-meaning translations approaches. Find out what goes into the whole process of translation, and what makes a translation accurate and reliable. Discover the strengths and potential weaknesses of different contemporary English Bible versions. In the midst of the present confusion over translations, this authoritative book speaks with an objective, fair-minded, and reassuring voice to help pastors, everyday Bible readers, and students make wise, well-informed choices about which Bible translations they can depend on and which will best meet their needs.
Mark Strauss (PhD, Aberdeen) is professor of New Testament at Bethel Seminary in San Diego. He has written The Davidic Messiah in Luke-Acts; Distorting Scripture?: The Challenge of Bible Translation and Gender Accuracy; Luke in the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Background Commentary series; and Mark in the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> General >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Reference >> General >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> History of the Bible & Bible Translations
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference >> General