- All Products
- Books, eBooks & Audio×
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2017
Despite the claim by many Christian leaders that the pro-life/antiabortion position is the only faithful response to the debate about reproductive rights, many people of faith find themselves in a murky middle of this supposedly black-and-white issue. Christians who are pro-abortion rights are rarely pro-abortion. However, they view the decision to carry a pregnancy to term as one to be made by the woman, her medical team, her family, or personal counsel rather than by politicians.
Pro-Choice and Christian explores the biblical, theological, political, and medical aspects of the debate in order to provide a thoughtful Christian argument for a pro-choice position with regard to abortion issues. Kira Schlesinger considers relevant Scriptures, the politics of abortion in the United States, and the human realities making abortion a vital issue of justice and compassion. By examining choice from a Christian perspective, Schlesinger provides a common vocabulary for discussing faith and reproductive rights.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Political Thought
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Topics of Debate
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Topics of Debate
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Topics of Debate