- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
Farmers markets, artisanal dark chocolate, home-made bread, craft-brewed beer, and independent boutique coffee shops may not immediately call to mind issues of faith, but they should. As the "American Dream" starts to fray at both ends, millions of people are embracing values that seem to hail from a bygone era. They are seeking out the local, the small, the responsible and the nourishing instead of the cheap, the homogenized, the mass-produced and the canned.
Is it possible that this renewed interest in these pre-modern values may actually offer an open door into the hearts and minds of this generation? Is there a way to explore specific, inspiring stories about coffee, bread, chocolate and art that lead people toward a truly Biblical understanding of the person, words and work of Jesus to reveal the truth, goodness and beauty of the Gospel?
With fascinating stories and a thread of memoir, Jesus, Bread, and Chocolate explores the emergingactually re-emergingvalues of this post-industrial age and points out parallels between them and the teaching and ministry of Jesus and his earliest followers. Rather than seeking to tie the faith to trends in the culture, it shows how trends in the culture are already very close to the organic kind of faith that could reenergize the church and bring countless young and middle-aged people into a saving experience of Christ.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Culture
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Culture
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality