- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2004
Childrens Activities for the Christian Year by Delia Halverson offers Sunday school teachers and leaders of childrens ministries practical information and activities on the cycle of the Christian church calendar. Useful, easy-to-use guidance, resources, and reproducible pages help new and veteran childrens leaders interpret the meaning of the Christian year for children from preschool through elementary age. Each chapter includes:
- Brief information about the season/celebration, its origin, and its meaning.
- An introduction to the symbols and colors of each season/celebration
- Learning activities such as art, writing, crafts, drama, stories, and music
- Reproducible pages including puzzles, litanies, songs, and readings
- Active games
- Worship suggestions
In addition to chapters on the Christian year as a whole and Sundays (mini-Easters), the book is organized by the following seasons and holy days:
- Advent and Christmas
- Season after Epiphany (Ordinary Time)
- Ash Wednesday, Lent, and Holy Week
- Season after Pentecost (Kingdomtide)
- Other Special Days (Trinity Sunday, Worldwide Communion Day, All Saints Day, Thanksgiving)
By combining ready-to-use advice and activities, Childrens Activities for the Christian Year is destined to become an essential guide in every childrens ministry resource library.