Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Offer messages of God's love, forgiveness, and reconciliation to your 4- to 7-year-olds! Retelling more than 50 of his most loved Old and New Testament stories---and ending each with a short prayer---Nobel Peace Prize winner Archbishop Tutu highlights universal truths to teach youngsters about God's desire for us to live in community.
|Title: Children of God Storybook Bible - eBook|
By: Archbishop Desmond Tutu
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2010
Stock No: WW3442EB
Creating the first truly global Bible for children of all nationalities, Desmond Tutu retells more than fifty of his most beloved Bible stories, artfully highlighting Gods desire for people of every color and every background to love one another and to find peace and forgiveness in their hearts.
The Children of God Storybook Bible represents a marked achievement in portraying the diverse peoples of the Bible and connecting Scripture with the multitude of ethnicities across the globe who seek to know and love Gods Word. Many of the finest artists from around the worldsuch as Jago, E.B. Lewis, Javaka Steptoe, and Xiao Xinhave been selected to illustrate these stories, infusing each one with the style and richness of their own culture.
The stunning, full-color illustrations found throughout the Children of God Storybook Bible allow readers to experience the Bible stories as if they were there, with Adam and Eve in the garden, with Noah on the ark, with Abraham in the desert, and with Jesus on the mountaintop.
As Desmond Tutu says: "In the spirit of celebrating children all over the world, each illustrator in this book has been invited to draw on their own unique and rich cultural heritage in their portrayal of these Biblical stories. Their art is truly a marvelous reflection of how we are all made in Gods image."
The Children of God Storybook Bible:
- Features Archbishop Desmond Tutu retelling fifty of his most beloved Bible stories
- Includes stunning illustrations from many of the finest artists from around the world, such as Jago, E.B. Lewis, Javaka Steptoe, and Xiao Xin
- Shows how God works through history, ending each biblical story with a short prayer, personalizing the message for each readers own life
- Is filled with Archbishop Tutus wisdom, compassion, and sense of humor as he reminds us, "We are all Gods children."
Archbishop Desmond Tutu was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1984 for his lifelong struggle to bring equality, justice, and peace to his native country of South Africa. He is the author of numerous books including the Children of God Storybook Bible, Gods Dream, and Desmond and the Very Mean Word. From 2007 to 2013, Tutu was the founding Chair of theElders, a group of global leaders who are working topromote the shared interests of humanity. In 2013he received the Templeton Prize for advancing spiritualprogress in the world. He lives in South Africa withhis wife, Leah. They have four children and sevengrandchildren.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Bibles & Accessories
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Bible Resources & Curriculum
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Bibles & Accessories
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Bible Resources & Curriculum >> Bible Subjects >> Children's Bible Study
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
- Kids & Toys >> Bibles & Accessories >> Bible Storybooks
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books