Chemo Pilgrim: An 18-Week Journey of Healing and Holiness - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Church Publishing
Publication Date: 2017
In the first section of this very personal book of illness, spirituality, and healing, the Rev. Cricket Cooper receives a diagnosis of non-Hodgkins lymphoma, for which she will need to undergo an eighteen-week/six-cycle chemo treatment plan. She decides to pair each of the chemo treatments, if possible, with a pilgrimage to some holy site or religious community. The journeys sharp ups and downs lead her to the understanding that there is one path, and we travel it togethersometimes to unexpected places. After counting down the eighteen weeks of the chemo, much to her oncologists (and Coopers) chagrin, the cancer is not cured, and she must move on to radiation therapy. The next section follows her month of radiation. Coopers terror of this treatment is allayed when she is able to see the radiation as Healing Light, and realize that Decemberher radiation monthis also the month of the Jewish Festival of Lights, of the Solstice, of Christian Advent/Nativity/ Epiphany, and other faith-based celebrations of light. Taking as her meditation the Episcopal Collect for Advent 1: Almighty God, give us grace that we may cast away the works of darkness, and put upon us the armor of light, she explores what this might mean beyond the context of Advent and in her own individual situation. The books final section covers waiting for the all-clear report from the doctors and Coopers residual issues of moving from the status of being a patient to the status of being a Survivor. It is a time of relief tinged with at least a bit of uncertainty, but buoyed by the knowledge that cancer is not just a diagnosis, and not just a journey; today, cancer is a community that welcomes you into its midst.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Meditations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns >> Cancer
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> Meditations
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> Meditations
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns