- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2012
Well known bishop and church leader Paul S. Morton Sr. draws on the Old Testament story of the Israelites exodus from Egypt and time honored spiritual principles and truths to explore how Gods power and presence can bring about much-needed spiritual change.
First, spiritual change does not come easily and is often preceded by conflict, as well as strife as believers strive to recognize their own internal struggle. Morton argues that ground zero for any spiritual change first happens within.
Second, spiritual change must happen at wider level. It requires the members of the community as a whole to shift their thinking, restructure the desires of their hearts, and restore their souls to the point of being one with God.
Third, once the community experiences spiritual change, the gate is open for the final stepspiritual growth. This essential step not only results in enriched, progressive intimacy with God, but it also has a lingering effect that fosters and begins the cycle anew in others who desire that same intimacy. In essence, spiritual change eventually becomes a spiritual trait that gets handed down to future generations.
Born in Windsor Ontario, Canada, Morton relocated to New Orleans, Louisiana in 1972 and became the Senior Pastor of the Greater Saint Stephen Missionary Baptist Church, where he remained for thirty-three years, transitioning it into a Full Gospel Baptist Church.
Currently, Bishop Morton serves as Senior Pastor of the baby church, G.S.S. Changing A Generation, in Atlanta, Georgia and his wife, Pastor Debra Morton, remains Senior Pastor of the mother church in New Orleans. They serve as each others Co-Pastors.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality