- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2013
How do you pray?
Do you think praying is either a fearful mystery or a dry duty? If you want to get past feelings of futility and change your world through prayer, then Changing Me, Change the World is the answer. This book connects God's Word and your prayers. It will strengthen your faith and instill confidence in you to pray more effectively, molding you into a prayer warrior in the process.
Most people define prayer as communication with God. However, that is like defining a jet fighter as air transportation; it describes neither its purpose nor its function. The purpose of prayer, in the spiritual war we fight daily, is to release God's will on earth; it functions as a weapon delivery system. The writer of Hebrews says, The word of God is sharper than any two-edged sword. Prayer, the arm of spiritual warfare, wields the sword of the Word.
Changing Me, Change the World models these concepts by turning the forty-one chapters in Book One of the Psalms into contemporary and passionate prayers. These prayers look deeply at a variety of topics including confession, joyful praise, healing, the persecuted church, and many others. It solidly connects the Word of God and prayers offered according to God's will. It will lead another step further in your spiritual maturity. It looks to strengthen your faith and to instill confidence in your ability to pray effectively, molding you into a prayer warrior in the process.
You will discover:
- a deeper, more satisfying prayer life as you meditate on these Psalms and prayers,
- passionate, engaging language that addresses problems you face in your life every day,
- prayers you can pray with confidence because they have a solid biblical foundation,
- a heightened awareness of meaningful issues outside of your daily life,
- a desire to return to Changing Me, Change the World as new situations arise.