Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 176
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Change the World: Recovering the Message and Mission of Jesus - A Study for Small GroupsMike SlaughterAbingdon Press / 2011 / Trade Paperback$5.99 Retail:
$7.99Save 25% ($2.00)
Change the World: Recovering the Message and Mission of Jesus--DVDMike SlaughterAbingdon Press / 2011 / DVD$29.99 Retail:
$39.99Save 25% ($10.00)
Change the World Devotional: Daily Inspiration to Make a Difference - eBookMike SlaughterAbingdon Press / 2011 / ePub$9.59 Retail:
$11.99Save 20% ($2.40)
Change the World: Daily Inspiration to Make a DifferenceMike SlaughterAbingdon Press / 2011 / Trade Paperback$10.79 Retail:
$11.99Save 10% ($1.20)
Something is not working. Despite the church's place of prominence in American culture and the ubiquity of the church in every American town, misconceptions about the faith of Jesus Christ run rampant today. Christians are known more for exclusivity than for love, more for potlucks than for solving world hunger.
It's time for churches to get over the cruise-ship mentality of being a program provider, and reconnect with the true message and mission of Jesus: to bring good news to the poor, release to the captives, and freedom to the oppressed.
Pastor Mike Slaughter challenges church leaders to look at the future of their congregations and make tough but necessary choices.
- Will you send the church out into the world?
- Will you focus on building disciples or tallying decisions?
- Will you multiply your impact or expand your facilities?
- Will you step out in courage or comply with the status quo?
The answers to these and other questions determine how your church will focus its time, its energy, and its budget to work for real change in a hurting world.
Download Free Study Guide
For more info, visit www.ChangeTheWorld.Cokesbury.com
PastorGlenChino, CAAge: 45-54Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Challenging bookOctober 18, 2010PastorGlenChino, CAAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5I chose to have the small groups of my church study this book while I preach on the themes over an eight-week period. It is a message the congregation needs to hear and heed. Mike has written a challenging and insightful book that I pray will help bring a revival of Wesleyan holiness and Christian action to the Church and to the world.
Ginny5 Stars Out Of 5August 1, 2010GinnyI have read this book and am looking forward to working on a book study in our church using this book to hopefully get our congregation up and moving. What an inspiration. If we can do a portion of what they are doing I will be happy.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Discipleship
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Discipleship