- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- US States▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2000
Series: Champions of Discovery
The great minds of the past are still with us today, in many ways. Individuals who explored the natural world hundreds and thousands of years ago have given us a treasure of knowledge in all the sciences.
In this exciting series from educator/author John Hudson Tiner, short biographies of the world's most gifted thinkers will inspire the leaders of tomorrow.
Chuckle at the story of Archimedes doing his best thinking in the bathtub! Read how religious persecution gave Kepler his greatest opportunities to study astronomy.
These valuable learning guides will give students accurate accounts of lives from the annals of science, and explain what those scientists believed about the world around them.
John Hudson Tiner received five National Science Foundation teaching fellowships during his 12 years as a teacher of mathematics and science that allowed him to study graduate chemistry, astronomy, and mathematics. He also worked as a mathematician and cartographer for the Defense Mapping Agency, Aerospace Center in St. Louis, MO.
Tiner has received numerous honors for his writing, including the Missouri Writers Guild award for best juvenile book for Exploring the World of Chemistry. He and his wife, Jeanene, live in Missouri.
Nicole Parkis5 Stars Out Of 5March 20, 2010Nicole ParkisGreat book. Perfect as a read aloud or kids can easily read it on their own. I love the way Tiner blends Science and the Christian faith together to tell a great story.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Download >> Homeschool >> Books & Classic Literature
- Download >> Homeschool >> History
- Download >> Homeschool >> Science
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> History
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Science
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Subjects >> Science & Invention History
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Science >> Science Supplements >> Science History & Biographies
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Biography
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
- eBooks >> Biography
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> Biography
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> History
- eBooks >> Homeschool >> Science
Here at Christianbook.com, we offer thousands of quality curriculums, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call 1-800-788-1221.