Add To Cart
The CEB Study Bible combines the reliability and readability one expects of the Common English Bible translation with notes and other resources to help you grow in your understanding of and engagement with the Bible. Each biblical book has an introduction that provides an overview of the book and other details like authorship and theme. Extensive study notes throughout the Bible provide information for the reader to understand the text within the larger historical and literary framework of the Bible and give important parallel and background verses.
Unique to The CEB Study Bible are 210 sidebar articles for topics that require more discussion than the format of a study note allows. Concordance; 21 full-color maps from National Geographic; five in-depth articles from contributing scholars; and other additional in-text maps, charts, and pictures are included.
- Full-color throughout
- 21 full-color maps from National Geographic, with index
- In-text images, maps, and charts
- Single-column Bible text
- Double-column study notes
- Cross references and footnotes
- Roughly 210 sidebar articles on unique topics
- Five in-depth articles from leading biblical scholars
- 9-point Bible text size, 8-point notes text size
- Beautiful packaging for gift-giving
- Approx 9.50" x 6.50"
|Title: CEB Study Bible - hardcover|
Number of Pages: 2048
Vendor: Common English Bible
Publication Date: 2013
Dimensions: 9.50 X 6.50 X 2.00 (inches)
References: Cross References
|Text Layout: Single Column|
Text Color: Black Letter
Text Size: 9 Point
Note Size: 8 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: No
Page Gilding: None
Page Edges: White
CEB Step Stone Bible: People, Places & Things Along the WayCommon English Bible / 2013 / Hardcover$11.99 Retail:
$34.99Save 66% ($23.00)
The CEB Study Bible gives you the tools, illustrations, and explanations necessary for making informed decisions about the meaning of the Bible. The notes in this study Bible don't tell you what to believe. Instead, they give you the context for what the books of the Bible meant to their earliest readers and what the Bible means right now.The CEB Study Bible is for encouragement and challenge, for guidance and reflection, for study and prayer:
- The reliable, readable, and relevant Common English Bible translation in a single-column setting
- Detailed book introductions, outlines, and notes from the finest biblical studies professors
- Full-color throughout, including more than 200 illustrations, photographs, maps, and charts
- Hundreds of thousands of cross references
- More than 300 indexed sidebar and general articles
- 21 full-color maps designed by National Geographic and fully indexed
Ask a Question▼▲
Q: Will the CEB Study Bible be released in a version including the Apocrypha? The CEB was promised as a Common English Bible, yet 90% of the versions released have removed the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonical books. So, this is hardly a COMMON English Bible for those of us who are Anglican, as well as Catholic, Orthodox, and some Lutheran and Methodist Christians. I would especially expect to see a study version kept intact for those of us who have an interest beyond the very protestant face of this translation.
Yes, the "CEB Study Bible with Apocrypha" in a hardcover version has a planned release date of October 2013. It can be pre-ordered from CBD using stock number WW260292.