Explore the Bible for more understanding with the first study Bible from the popular Common English Bible translation.
The CEB Study Bible combines the reliability and readability one expects of the Common English Bible translation with notes and other resources to help you grow in your understanding of and engagement with the Bible. Each biblical book has an introduction that provides an overview of the book and other details like authorship and theme. Extensive study notes throughout the Bible provide information for the reader to understand the text within the larger historical and literary framework of the Bible and give important parallel and background verses.
Unique to The CEB Study Bible are 210 sidebar articles for topics that require more discussion than the format of a study note allows. Concordance; 21 full-color maps from National Geographic; five in-depth articles from contributing scholars; and other additional in-text maps, charts, and pictures are included.
- Full-color throughout
- 21 full-color maps from National Geographic, with index
- In-text images, maps, and charts
- Single-column Bible text
- Double-column study notes
- Cross references and footnotes
- Roughly 210 sidebar articles on unique topics
- Five in-depth articles from leading biblical scholars
- 9-point Bible text size, 8-point notes text size
- Beautiful packaging for gift-giving
- Approx 9.50" x 6.50"
The CEB Study Bible gives you the tools, illustrations, and explanations necessary for making informed decisions about the meaning of the Bible. The notes in this study Bible don't tell you what to believe. Instead, they give you the context for what the books of the Bible meant to their earliest readers and what the Bible means right now.
The CEB Study Bible is for encouragement and challenge, for guidance and reflection, for study and prayer:
- The reliable, readable, and relevant Common English Bible translation in a single-column setting
- Detailed book introductions, outlines, and notes from the finest biblical studies professors
- Full-color throughout, including more than 200 illustrations, photographs, maps, and charts
- Hundreds of thousands of cross references
- More than 300 indexed sidebar and general articles
- 21 full-color maps designed by National Geographic and fully indexed
Joel B. Green is Provost, Dean of the School of Theology, and Professor of New Testament Interpretation of the School of Theology at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California. Author of many books, he is also a General Editor of the Wesley Study Bible and the Common English Bible.
The Common English Bible is a new translation. One hundred and twenty biblical scholars from twenty-two faith traditions worked as translators. These women and men balanced rigorous accuracy in translation of the ancient texts with an equally passionate commitment to clarity of expression in contemporary English. The result is a clear, direct, and powerful English version of the scriptures for use in Bible study, devotional reading, and worship.