Catullus - eBook
Catullus - eBook
Wiley-Blackwell / 2012 / ePub
Stock No: WW27346EB
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Series: Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World
Catullus is one of the liveliest and most appealing Roman poets.His emotion, charm, and apparent spontaneity resonate with readersas strongly today as in antiquity. This sophisticated literary andhistorical introduction brings Catullus to life for the modernreader and presents his poetry in all its variety of emotions,subjects, and styles.
- Places Catullus in a social, historical, and literarycontext
- Examines Catallus's style and subjects, and provides a literaryintroduction to his major themes of love, social life, andpolitics
- Discusses the reception of the poems by translators andinterpreters
Julia Haig Gaisser is Eugenia Chase Guild Professor Emeritus in the Humanities at Bryn Mawr College, and a past president of the American Philological Association. She is the author of Catullus and His Renaissance Readers (1993), Pierio Valeriano on the Ill Fortune of Learned Men: A Renaissance Humanist and His World (1999), and The Fortunes of Apuleius and the Golden Ass: A Study in Transmission and Reception (2008), and the editor of Catullus in English (2001), and Catullus (2007).
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Literature Study Guides
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download