- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2015
How will Alzheimers disease affect your career?
Alzheimers-related caregiving duties present expected and unexpected costs for full-time employed caregivers, employers, and society. Research indicates that caregivers provide more than forty hours per week, caring for a relative with Alzheimers disease. The dual responsibilities and pressures of caregiving while remaining active in the general workforce may cause stress and loss of productivity at work. As the Alzheimers disease progresses in the patient, a caregiver is less likely to engage in more challenging workplace activities or accept additional roles of responsibility, promotions, or relocation opportunities. Just as the employed caregiver takes on a dual role when providing care for the Alzheimers patient, Alzheimers disease plays a dual role in depleting the life of both the patient and the caregiver. This book explores some of the challenges related to the dual roles of a working caregiver and the demands faced caring for a loved one with Alzheimers disease.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Parenting Parents
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Aging >> Caregiving
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Parenting Parents
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Aging
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Aging