- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Margaret Terry wondered what she would say to her friend Deb, when Deb was told she had inoperable stage 4 lung cancer. Deb believed that God would give her a miracle, but no one really knew what that miracle would look like. However, instead of sending prayers or home-cooked meals, Margaret sent Deb stories. In the form of dozens of letters over the course of six months, Margaret shared herself in intimate stories from her life that revealed her questions, and her faith. As the months went by, Margaret's letters renewed Deb's hope, as she shared them with friends and family who passed them on to hundreds of people in seven countries. The letters became Deb's miracle by helping to carry her from this life to the next with faith against insurmountable odds.
In Dear Deb, Margaret shares 55 of the letters she wrote to Deb during her last months. As Deb did, you'll find comfort and hope in her stories of loss and renewal, childhood and growth, and faith and miracles. You'll discover how God often answers our prayers in unexpected ways, through the love we have for each other.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2012
Dear Deb shows how two ordinary women found the miracles of hope, love, and friendship.
What do you say to a friend who has only a few months to live? The day Deb announced she had inoperable lung cancer, author Margaret Terry agreed to send her encouraging words and do something she had never done beforebelieve in a miracle. Margaret looked deep into the well of her own life to find encouragement Deb could relate to. She wrote Deb things they might have shared if they had more time, secret stories of vulnerability and loss, of love and forgiveness.
Dear Deb showcases the power of a good story told with an open and faithful heart. Readers will feel connected with their loves and losses, their hopes and dreams, and reconnect with the wonder of everyday miracles. They will laugh and they will weep when a father and daughter reconnect after a twenty-year silence. They will cheer when forgiveness is redefined in the brokenhearted aftermath of divorce. They will sense on every page that hope and strength are within their grasp.
Most of all, after readers close this book, they will remember those ordinary moments that make life extraordinary, the ones we all share when we open our hearts to finding love and joy in unexpected places. And, they will remember that if we look really hard, we can find miracles.
Dear Deb is a celebration of life even when the odds are stacked against it.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Death/Dying
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns >> Cancer
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> Comfort in Grief
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> True Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational