- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Margaret Terry wondered what she would say to her friend Deb, when Deb was told she had inoperable stage 4 lung cancer. Deb believed that God would give her a miracle, but no one really knew what that miracle would look like. However, instead of sending prayers or home-cooked meals, Margaret sent Deb stories. In the form of dozens of letters over the course of six months, Margaret shared herself in intimate stories from her life that revealed her questions, and her faith. As the months went by, Margaret's letters renewed Deb's hope, as she shared them with friends and family who passed them on to hundreds of people in seven countries. The letters became Deb's miracle by helping to carry her from this life to the next with faith against insurmountable odds.
In Dear Deb, Margaret shares 55 of the letters she wrote to Deb during her last months. As Deb did, you'll find comfort and hope in her stories of loss and renewal, childhood and growth, and faith and miracles. You'll discover how God often answers our prayers in unexpected ways, through the love we have for each other.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2012
"I want you to know that if my illness inspired you to write these stories, the cancer was worth it."Deb
What stories could possibly make cancer worth it?
Stories that represent a miraclea lifetime of miracles. Stories that changed the writer as she wrote them and stories that will touch the heart of the reader, one by one by one. Stories that are not just stories.
They started out as words of encouragement to a dying woman. They turned into a collection of sparkling and intimate moments, pulled from the past to finally be understood and shared with new meaning.
Story by story, letter by letter, Margaret Terry uncovered powerful pictures in her own life of the one truth that could help carry her friend Deb from this life to the next: God is at work.
Together, Deb and Margaret found renewed hope in all the ways God shows up right to the very end. Which is where they found the miracle they'd been praying for all along. In each other.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Death/Dying
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns >> Cancer
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> Comfort in Grief
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> True Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational