- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2006
As Christians, we are often urged to turn away from scientific discovery and rely solely on the Bible as the source of our faith. On the other hand, many people in areas such as science, law, and education insist that Christian faith is lowbrow or unintelligent. But is it possible to reconcile science with what you believe about God? As someone who has grappled with the issues of science and faith in the public eye for more than a decade as a television journalist, Dr. Michael Guillen believes it is possible. In fact, by embracing the discoveries of science we can see God, the universe, and humanity in full, multidimensional glory.
Fortunately, you don't have to be a genius to enjoy this book. The bite-sized chapters are full of fascinating scientific tidbits in an easy-to-understand format. Captivating stories of the author's childhood in the Mexican barrio of East L.A. and his work in television and research are woven throughout. There is even an entertaining SQ (Spiritual Quotient) test for readers to take.
Dr. Michael Guillen, former ABC News Science Editor and Harvard physics instructor, is host of the History Channel's Where Did It Come From? and producer of the award-winning family movie Little Red Wagon. He's also a bestselling author, columnist, and popular speaker. He is president of Spectacular Science Productions Inc., and Filmanthropy Media Incorporated. For more on Dr. Guillen go to www.michaelguillen.com.
Deborah Carder5 Stars Out Of 5January 18, 2007Deborah CarderI loved this book! It was short and too the point. The author didn't try to impress anyone with his science knowledge by using tons of science terminology but instead kept the book easy to read and understand. Also, I related to his personal life story. As a Physics teacher, I always feel pressure to dismiss the idea of God and this book really reinforced my faith. After reading this book, I feel much more confident in standing up for my beliefs.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Origins of Man/Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Scientific
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Scientific
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics