Add To Cart
Calvin and Classical Philosophy
Add To Cart
BROWSE for Theology
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
This is a thorough study of the influence of Classical Philosophy on John Calvin, his theology, and his methodology. With special attention given to Calvin's doctrines of providence and predestination, this book is a much welcomed and needed(!) addition to the study of the great reformer.
Number of Pages: 176
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2005
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 (inches)|
The Calvin HandbookWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2009 / Trade Paperback$46.35 Retail:
$51.50Save 10% ($5.15)
This is a thorough study of Calvin's conception of Christian philosophy, his exposition of insights of classical philosophy, and his evaluations of classical philosophers. Special attention is given to the doctrines of providence and predestination.
Charles Partee is P. C. Rossin Professor of Church History at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary. Among his articles and books is Calvin and Classical Philosophy and The Theology of John Calvin, both published by WJK.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Election/Predestination
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Providence
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Philosophy & Theology >> Philosophical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Calvin