Add To Cart
Add To Cart
When God Calls the Heart at Christmas: Heartfelt Devotions from Hope Valley
- 25 readings to enjoy through the season of Advent
- Foreward by Beverly Lewis
- A celebration of faith, family, friends and the most meaningful Yuletide traditions. Inspired by bestselling author Janette Oke and the Hallmark Channel original TV series When Calls the Heart
- 164 pages; elegant hardcover gift book
|Title: When God Calls the Heart at Christmas: Heartfelt Devotions from Hope Valley|
By: Brian Bird, Michelle Cox
Number of Pages: 174
Vendor: Broadstreet Publishing Group
Publication Date: 2018
|Dimensions: 7.00 X 5.00 X 0.42 (inches)|
Weight: 11 ounces
Stock No: WW557288
Christmas truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Whether its in the fictional town of Hope Valley in the early 1900s or in our lives today, nothing is more profound than celebrating Gods most important gift to the world.
When God Calls the Heart at Christmas is about a celebration of faith, family, friends, and the most meaningful Yuletide traditions. Inspired by best-selling author Janette Oke and the Hallmark Channel original TV series When Calls the Heart, these twenty-five devotions not only explore "God-moments" from the series, but also commemorate favorite holiday recipes, stories, and traditionsmany of them contributed by the Hearties, the beloved fans of the show.
Journey with us to Hope Valley as we focus on all the reasons for this most blessed season. As shepherds and angels learned on that holy night so long ago, when God calls the heart at Christmas, you can expect a celebration.
Known for her encouragement with a Southern drawl, MICHELLE COX is an award-winning, best-selling author and the creator of the Just 18 Summers® brand of parenting products and resources. Shes written for many publications, and embraces her roles as wife, mom, and grandmama to six perfect grandchildren.
- Robin Jones Gunn, author of ninety books, including the novels that inspired the Father Christmas movies on Hallmark Movies & Mystery channel
When God Calls the Heart at Christmas is a homecoming, a healing spot for rest when you need a reprieve from a world that shouts "Run! Worry! Doubt!" It offers a gentler version of the Christmas season by giving us permission to relax, to enjoy each other, and to take quiet time to wonder at the miracle of the Christ child. You will be blessed by this book!
- Kay Moser, novelist, author of the Aspiring Hearts Series
- Bobby Downes, cofounder of ChristianCinema.com, A Giving Company
When God Calls the Heart at Christmas is a wonderful mix of touching stories, funny tales, yummy recipes, and biblical truth. I laughed and teared up, longed for the Yuletide Season, and even got a little hungry reading this Christmas treasure. It really is like a Christmas present full of goodies and good cheer. Michelle Cox and Brian Bird do it once again! Buy this book as a gift for others, but snag one for yourself too.
- Sarah Van Diest, author of God in the Dark: 31 Devotions to Let the Light Back In
- Twila Belk, writer and speaker, author of The Power to Be: Be Still, Be Grateful, Be Strong, Be Courageous
I believe the thread that unites the Hearties is a love for stories that touch the heart. Brian Bird and Michelle Cox have done it again in When God Calls the Heart at Christmas. They not only have included the familiar stories from the hit television show, but theyve included precious true stories and recipes from the When Calls the Hearts fan base: the Hearties. You cant help but read this one with a smile and maybe a tear or two. This is a Christmas book youll love year round!
- Carol Hatcher, writer, speaker
- Anita Agers Brooks, inspirational life coach, international speaker, and award-winning author of Getting Through What You Cant Get Over
Whether youre a fan of Hallmarks When Calls the Heart TV series or simply cant get enough Christmas, youll devour When God Calls the Heart at Christmas by Brian Bird and Michelle Cox. This beautifully bound gift book is like a devotional onwell, not steroidsbut lets say Christmas cookies! I love the blend of fictional Hope Valley stories set one hundred years ago with the Christmas thoughts and traditions designed for today. The stories, recipes, Bible content, prayers, and spiritual growth questions are perfect for sitting down with the family or reading alone with a cup of hot cocoa.
- Kathy Carlton Willis, Gods Grin Gal, author, speaker
- Joy Brown, author, speaker, and founder of Words of Joy and co-founder of Diversified Ministries
Heart-warming in every way! When God Calls the Heart at Christmas is the most marvelous blend of everything we all love about When Calls the Heart, with a shining celebration of the Christ of Christmas at the heart of its heart. Im using this book for a sweet challenge to my own heart this season. Next year too. Hello, new Christmas tradition!
- Rhonda Rhea, TV personality, humor columnist, author of fourteen books, including Messy to Meaningful, Turtles in the Road, and Fix Her Upper
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.