- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2016
As early as 50 AD, Christians had gotten away from knowing who Jesus really is. Our generation is no different.
In every decade we, as Americans, lost something important that we couldn't afford to lose:
- In the 1950's, we lost innocence
- In the 1960's, we lost respect for authority
- In the 1970's, we lost love
- In the 1980's, we lost values
- In the 1990's, we lost faith
- In the 2000's, we lost security
- In the 2010's, we lost hope in the future
What can restore what we've lost? Only Jesus. Jesus gave us His name, His friendship, and a commission to accept responsibility for ourselves and for the world. When introduced to His wordsandways we'll rediscover the Jesus who:
- Wants His enemies won over, not wiped out
- Wants you to stop playing it safe
- Believed great things were possible no matter what things are like right now
- Was full of grace and truth
- Unleashed compassion
- Believed no one was too far from God to return to Him
- Came to seek and to save that which was lost
- Loves the church
Pastor Ray Johnston shares the Jesus of the Bible and how we can be Christians without being jerks. He reveals how the radical message of the gospel calls us to love and serve not only our neighbors but our enemies as well. Thats the Jesus the American Church has missed and needs to meet.
Jesus' mission is clearrisk everything in order to take care of people, starting in our home, neighborhoods, cities, and those in need around the world. That's the Jesus the American Church has missed and needs to meet.
Ray Johnston has a rich, varied background as a speaker, writer, and founder of Thrive Communications and the Thrive Leadership Conference. Author of the bestselling book The Hope Quotient, he is the founding pastor of Bayside Church, one of the largest churches in the United States, with more than twelve thousand people. Ray has spoken to more than four million people over the last ten years and served on the board of trustees at Azusa Pacific University, his alma mater. Ray and his wife, Carol, have four adult children.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality