Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: The Book of Calamities: Five Questions About Suffering and Its Meaning - eBook|
By: Peter Trachtenberg
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Little, Brown and Company
|Publication Date: 2008|
Stock No: WW8343EB
Combining reportage, personal narrative, and moral philosophy, Peter Trachtenberg tells the stories of grass-roots genocide tribunals in Rwanda and tsunami survivors in Sri Lanka, an innocent man on death row, and a family bereaved on 9/11. He examines texts from the Book of Job to the Bodhicharyavatara and the writings of Simone Weil.
The Book of Calamities is a provocative and sweeping look at one of the biggest paradoxes of the human condition -- and the surprising strength and resilience of those who are forced to confront it.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Problem of Evil
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Pain & Suffering
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Problem of Evil
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.