- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2008
Current approaches to congregational leadership are dominated by a kind of group think. Certain assumptions, ideas, and even phrases appear so often in the literature about church ministry and mission that they have achieved the status of conventional wisdom. For example, how many times in recent years have you read about ministry in the postmodern era?The problem with conventional wisdom, says Dan Dick, is that it sets our thinking down a particular path, blinding us to other possibilities and insights. At its worst, conventional wisdom is a cheap and easy substitute for figuring things out yourself. In this book, Dan Dick both explodes false assumptions about congregational leadership, and offers readers the tools they need to lead congregations in the real world, not the wishful thinking world of conventional wisdom.
Nuggets of conventional wisdom debunked include:
• The modern/postmodern myth
• Contemporary North American culture is highly similar to the culture of the New Testament world
• We live in a period of accelerated change unlike any other before us.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Administration >> Leading a Church Staff
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership >> Administration >> Leading a Church Staff
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership