Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 224
Vendor: Abingdon Press
|Publication Date: 2015|
Hollywood Jesus: A Small Group Study Connecting Christ and CultureMatthew RawleAbingdon Press / 2015 / Trade Paperback$8.49 Retail:
$14.99Save 43% ($6.50)
Maybe God doesnt speak through prophets as often these days because he knows people wouldnt listen. Maybe God speaks to us in different waysand in the places he knows where we congregate: in our movie theaters, living rooms, iPods, and smartphones. Maybe God still longs to connect with us, and so goes into the places where were most likely to listen.
Burning Bush 2.0 is a whimsical and sincere examination of the ways God communicates with ussometimes subtly and secretlythrough our media and entertainment streams. Asay examines how faith and Gods fingerprints mark movies and music, television and technology. Through word and picture, God still speaks to us through unsuspecting voicesin ways were best able to heareven if we dont fully comprehend it completely in the moment. God is everywhere, and doesnt ask permission to speak, shout out, or whisper his name.
Includes study guide for individuals and church groups.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Current Events >> Current Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Humor
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth