You might wonder how faith in God relates to anger, sex, disappointment, or being in love. Bruised Knuckles and Other Lessons in Faith challenges the belief that faith is for those who disconnect from reality.
Written from the perspective of someone who has invested over three decades mentoring others, this guide holds a mirror up to issues you might rather ignore. Even so, these everyday matters must integrate with faith if you are to enjoy fulfillment and wholeness. Thirty-one reflections teach principles that will help you manage anger, deal with disappointment, slow down, respond to conflict, take a new look at church, forgive, pray, and grow more emotionally and spiritually healthy. Bruised Knuckles and Other Lessons in Faith will help
• young adults trying to sort out their values;
• parents facing questions from their children;
• grandparents needing to stay in touch with a new generation;
• mentors guiding friends or clients;
• believers and skeptics hurting from painful encounters with religious people;
• anyone wondering how to mature in one of these critical areas.
With a combination of wisdom and humor, Grant McDowell encourages people dealing with life’s day-to-day issues. He has built these principles on a foundation of faith in God and involvement with people in the nitty-gritty corners of life.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.