- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2014
“Dr. Samuel White, III, has done the Church a tremendous service by writing this book to help us develop a ministry with our boys. Giving us an overview of the social, economic, and spiritual challenges that our boys face, White gives practical tips on how we can break these chains and set them free. This is a must read for churches who are serious about ministering to our boys!” - Rev. Dr. James Perkins Pastor Greater Christ Baptist Church, Detroit Michigan President Progressive National Baptist Convention
“My Brother’s Keeper is an excellent guide for mentoring our young people in general and our young men in particular. A readable and helpful book. I highly recommend it to anyone concerned about how to reach this generation.”- Rev. Dr. Kevin Turman Pastor Second Baptist Church, Detroit Michigan
“ My Brother’s Keeper is a must read for all who sincerely want every young person, especially at-risk young men reach their God-given potential.”- Rev. Lawerence T. Foster Pastor The Calvary Baptist Church, Detroit Michigan
My Brother’s Keeper is a training manual for clergy, laity, parents, teachers, social workers, youth workers, guidance counselors and caring persons who want to develop a Mentoring Program, Rites of Passage, Conflict Resolution Classes, Liberation Lessons and use Rap music to free young, African American males from their spiritual, social, and psychological bondage. Moreover, these ministries will raise their self-esteem, fulfill their paternal deprivation, help them manage their anger, instruct them to be peacemakers, develop their moral consciousness and save their souls. If you are tired of watching our young men wearing sagging pants, rapping with profanity, using the “n” word, dropping out of school, getting high, selling drugs, having children out of wedlock, terrorizing our neighborhood, going to jail, killing one another, then this book is for you. This book will not only tell you what happened to our boys but what you can do about it. For too long we have rejected, ignored, or demonized black boys and asked, “Am I my brother’s keeper?” It is time for Christians and people of good will to acknowledge the fact that we are our brother’s keeper and “do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with our God.” It is time for us to heed the words of Jesus, “ preach good tidings unto the poor; heal the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty to the captives, and let the oppressed go free.”
Author: samuel white,III
Located in: detroit michigan
Submitted: January 13, 2015
Tell us a little about yourself. I am a pastor , chaplain , husband, father and most of all a child of God who feels obligated to help those less fortunate than myself.
What was your motivation behind this project? This project began as my doctoral dissertation at Drew University in Madison New Jersey. I completed it and rewrote it to serve today's youth.
What do you hope folks will gain from this project? I hope that clergy, church school teachers, youth workers , parents , social workers and people who care about our youth will use this book as a resource.
Who are your influences, sources of inspiration or favorite authors / artists? I am influenced by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ ,my dynamic father who still inspires me from the grave. My mothers unflappable, unbreakable spirit is an inspiration for me. Finally my wonderful wife, precocious daughter and the powerful son are my inspiration.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Relationships >> Mentoring
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Relationships >> Mentoring
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues