Add To Cart
The Breathe Study Journal includes 5 sessions of teaching by Priscilla Shirer with 4 weeks of homework in a reflective, journaling format. One of the greatest challenges among women in our culture is taking time to stop and cease from all the activities and busyness and just breathe. We are in bondage to busyness. It is time for us to build margin into our lives for God. If you are weary, worn out, and exhausted; the concept of Sabbath will change your life.
|Title: Breathe: Making Room for Sabbath (Member Book)|
By: Priscilla Shirer
Number of Pages: 128
|Publication Date: 2014|
Dimensions: 8.95 X 6.1 X .3 (inches)
Stock No: WW032341
Discerning the Voice of God: How to Recognize When God Is SpeakingPriscilla ShirerMoody Publishers / 2012 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 17 Reviews
$14.99Save 33% ($5.00)
Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted DVD Leader KitPriscilla ShirerLifeway / 2010 / DVD$149.99Video
The Breathe Study Journal includes 5 sessions of teaching by Priscilla Shirer with 4 weeks of homework in a reflective, journaling format. One of the greatest challenges among women in our culture is taking time to stop and cease from all the activities and busyness and just breathe. We are in bondage to busyness. We constantly strive to complete the limitless to-do lists that hinder us from experiencing all that God has for us. We miss the moments because we rush ahead to the next thing. By neglecting time for tranquility, serenity, and repose, we limit our Christlikeness and miss out on some of God's greatest gifts. It is time for us to breathe and build margin into our lives for God. In the Old Testament, God instituted principles and laws that would transform the Israelites' mindset. He didn't just want them legally free; He wanted them to be able to walk in the freedom and enjoy it. So God gave them many gifts, including boundaries in which to enjoy those gifts. Sabbath was intended as a gift, and it is still a gift to us today. If you are weary, worn out, and exhausted the concept of Sabbath will change your life.
Week 1 The Freedom of Sabbath
Week 2 Stops Along the Sabbath Journey
Week 3 Double-Portion Friday
Week 4 Coming Into Focus
Week 5 Sabbath Margin
- Biblically-rooted and gospel-centered teaching
- Leader material (guides to questions and discussion with small group)
- 5-session Study Journal with group components, personal components, and leader helps
- Personal study segments include 4 weeks of homework in a study journal for reflection and to help the learner spend time alone with God and Scripture
- Biblical truth that's reliable
- Can be used in a variety of ways and has a lot of flexibility. It can be used by a group of any size in a church or another setting, small group in a home, or a weekend away as an individual or with a small group of women.
- An opportunity to explore the concept of Sabbath in both the Old and New Testaments
- Great study for personal growth and reflection on an individual basis
- For the weary, worn out, and exhausted this study could be life-changing as they acknowledge their bondage to busyness and learn that Sabbath was created by God before the fall
- Sets boundaries for those who believe they must always be "doing" something for God
Priscilla Shirer is a Bible teacher and conference speaker with a Masters degree in Biblical Studies from Dallas Theological Seminary. Also a popular author, her books include the New York Times Best-Seller, The Resolution for Women, One in a Million, and Life Interrupted. She is also the lead character in the War Room movie. Priscilla is married to Jerry with whom she founded Going Beyond Ministries. They have three sons and live in Dallas, Texas.
About the Author▼▲
A communications major in college, Priscilla Shirer planned to be a TV news anchor but God had other ideas. While interning at a Christian radio station in Houston, she began to receive invitations to do Bible studies at small women's events. At only 18 she shared the simple truths of Scripture that she was studying during her quiet time, and she's been in full-time ministry ever since. Priscilla is married to her best friend, Jerry. Together they have founded Going Beyond Ministries. Her desire is to see women come to a full understanding of who they are in Christ by hearing the uncompromising truth of Scripture. Jerry and Priscilla live in Dallas and take seriously their main role of parents to their three young sons: Jackson, Jerry Jr., and Jude.
- Session 1 - The Freedom of Sabbath (35:40)
- Session 2 - Stops Along the Sabbath Journey (22:20)
- Session 3 - Double-Portion Friday (32:57)
- Session 4 - Coming Into Focus (35:18)
- Session 5 - Sabbath Margin (15:34)