Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Brave Beauty: Finding the Fearless You - eBook|
By: Lynn Cowell
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2017
Stock No: WW89506EB
100 courage-building moments to help girls 8-12 explore who they are, easing their fears and anxiety, while inspiring them to strive towards the woman they want to be through this exciting yet confusing season of change.
From Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker and blogger, Lynn Cowell, comes Faithgirlz Brave Beauty: Finding the Fearless You. These 100 motivating moments guide tween girls to reflect on Scripture and find confidence in God, rather than in someone, some place, or some thing, as pop culture is already telling them.
Throughout these pagesformatted as theme-based mini chapters that can be read once a day, once a week, or at the readers own paceLynn prepares tween girls to:
- Overcome confidence-defeating thoughts and stand on who Jesus says she is.
- Build a strong foundation to face the fickle, sometimes hurtful opinions of others.
- Find approval of herself even when she lacks the acceptance of others.
- Walk confidently through the exciting, yet scary world of growing up by turning to Christ step by step.
Featuring a gorgeous, foil decorated hardcover and beautifully formatted pages modeled after the well-known and loved Faithgirlz brand of books, Lynns relatable, conversational tone makes it easy for girls to feel like theyre in a safe place spending time with a close friend.
Lynn Cowell is a part of the Proverbs 31 Ministries speaking team, speaking to pre-teens, teens, multi-generational and womens conferences and retreats on a regular basis. Girls often come up to her saying, "How did you know that's what I was going through?" Hearing direction and guidance on critical issues they face, Lynn encourages them to reach their fullest potential by finding the relationship in Christ they were created them for. For the past 18 years, her ministry has helped thousands of girls and their moms:
- Replace loneliness, rejection, and pain with acceptance, affirmation, and approval.
- Make decisions that lead women to reaching their fullest potential, rather than being a victim to emotionally-based decisions.
- Shift faith in Jesus from a parental influence to a personal, growing relationship.
- Develop and stick to boundaries that protect the heart, mind, and body.
- Communicate with guys and other girlfriends in a healthy and positive way.
In addition to speaking on the national level, Lynn reaches many through her writing as an author of three books, blogger, and devotion writer. As a regular contributor for the Proverbs 31 Ministries daily devotions, Encouragement for Today, her devotions reach an audience of over 800,000 subscribers. She has been a regular contributor for The Whatever Girls and The Mom Initiative. Lynn and her husband, Greg, of 30 years, are the parents of three young adults: Zak, Mariah, and Madi. The Cowells reside in North Carolina where they enjoy hiking in the mountains, wearing well-worn sweatshirts and eating anything that combines chocolate and peanut butter.
Brave Beauty is just what young girls need at a critical time in life! These are 100 bite-sized pieces of godly encouragement from a trusted voice. Ill definitely be using in our home! Courtney DeFeo, author of In This House, We Will Giggle
I cannot begin to tell you how important this book is for girls. As I read through the pages, I found myself reading every word with excitement and anticipation, even desiring to take the chapter quizzes and participate in the journaling! If you have a young girl in your life, I beg you to get this for her. Girls lives will be divinely changed because of Brave Beauty. Shari Braendel, author of Help Me Jesus, I Have Nothing to Wear! and President of Fashion Meets Faith
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Respect & Self-Esteem
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills
- Download >> eBooks >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Respect & Self-Esteem