- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2015
|Dimensions: 9.25 X 6.25 X 1.0 (inches)|
The Fulfillment Factor: Pursuing Your Personal Mission From GodMichael KendrickBlueprint Publishing / Hardcover$7.99 Retail:
$9.95Save 20% ($1.96)
The Red-Letter Life: 17 Words from Jesus to Inspire Simple, Practical, Purposeful LivingBob HostetlerBarbour Books / 2014 / Trade Paperback$1.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 6 Reviews
$12.99Save 85% ($11.00)
Your Blueprint for Life gives the strategies readers need to align their passions, gifts, and calling.
As CEO of the Blueprint for Life ministry, Michael Kendrick is devoted to helping others discover Gods purpose for their lives. Your Blueprint for Life guides readers toward a Christ-honoring lifeone that brings joy spiritually, financially, relationally, physically, and professionally. With practical guidance for discovering passion, gifts, and callings, Your Blueprint for Life gives readers concrete strategies for achieving the life they were created to lead, such as:
- Intentionally carve out a specific time each day to hear from God
- Prune your relational portfolio
- Step into your childrens world
- Remember you are a steward of Gods resources, not an owner of your resources
For anyone who has ever wondered why they were put on earth, Your Blueprint for Life not only answers the question, but it also gives readers a solid guide to understanding and achieving Gods vision for their lives.
bookwomanjoanOak Harbor, WAAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Great balance of biblical principles, practical suggestions, and enthusiastic encouragementJune 27, 2015bookwomanjoanOak Harbor, WAAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Kendrick has a passion to help people live with purpose in light of eternity. If you feel unsatisfied with your life or incomplete, this book may just help you get moving in the direction of a fulfilled life.
I like the way he has written this book. He covers a number of topics and gives the biblical foundation first before moving on to practical instruction. He lays a foundation of spirituality, knowing that we cannot have a fulfilled life without a relationship with God. He reminds us of the overall purpose in our life of glorifying God and knowing Christ. True joy comes from using our passions and gifts to glorify God, maximizing all that we have been given.
He reminds us that God will reward us in heaven for how we steward our lives on earth. How we use our talents and gifts is important. Just like a blueprint is required for building a house, Kendrick suggests we develop a blueprint for life. That will help us identify what God had in mind when He designed us, allowing us to live with purpose.
To develop that blueprint, Kendrick helps us identify our passions and gifts and then our calling. I was encouraged by his emphasizing each person's uniqueness. God's design of skills and talents means each of us has a unique calling to fulfill God's purposes. He asks many great questions to help us identify our passions, skills, and gifts.
He continues by covering what he calls the big five areas of life: spiritual, relational, physical, financial, career. He makes sure that in each area we understand the spiritual principles underlying the area before he gives practical suggestions to maximize it.
I really like the way Kendrick has developed this book. Some may think that they will just fall into their calling, that they won't have to create opportunities. I appreciate him reminding us that God might be preparing the way but we have to step out and pursue our calling. He shares his own story of changing professions to ultimately do what he feels God has designed for him. He draws on a number of sources, including stories and good teaching from other authors.
I'm a picky reader but I really enjoyed this book. Kendrick gives a wonderful balance of biblical principles, practical suggestions, and enthusiastic encouragement. If you are looking to redirect your life in a more fulfilling direction, I recommend this book.
Food for thought:
A life of value is defined by those things that will make a difference in eternity.
I received a complimentary egalley of this book from the publisher for the purpose of an independent and honest review.
MichaelIndian Trail, NCAge: 45-54Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Your Blueprint For LifeJune 15, 2015MichaelIndian Trail, NCAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4"Your Blueprint For Life" by Michael Kendrick is a good title for anyone wanting clarity for God's desire for their lives, particularly in the following areas: spiritual, relational, physical, financial, and career. The book is around 220 pages and covers such topics as:
1. True fulfillment comes from using your gifts and talents for something bigger than yourself.
2. Pursuing your call requires small steps, time, and persistence (something our impatient culture really needs to learn!).
3. Contrast with what God values vs. what the world values.
4. The importance of setting goals and combining focus, prayer, and action to increase the chances of reaching your goals.
5. The more time we spend with God, the more time we want to spend with Him (Amen to that!).
6. Keep your communication open with God and expect Him to answer.
7. The importance of living a balanced life and incorporating rest into your schedule.
8. Every relationship you have either supports or detracts from your calling and relationship with God. There may be times when you need to prune your relationships.
The author's writing style is clear and engaging. You should be able to completed the title in a few sittings, depending on how much time you want to spend reflecting and reviewing the material you just read. Some material may be new to you and other material may be what you have read in other books stated differently. Either way, a good read.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Intro to Spiritual Disciplines
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Intro to Spiritual Disciplines