Blackwell Handbook of Early Childhood Development - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Blackwell Handbook of Early Childhood Development - eBook|
By: Kathleen McCartney(Ed.) & Deborah Phillips(Ed.)
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2011
Series: Blackwell Handbooks of Developmental Psychology
Stock No: WW22463EB
- Comprises 30 contributions from both established scholars and emerging leaders in the field
- The editors have a distinguished reputation in early childhood development
- Covers biological development, cognitive development, language development, and social, emotional and regulatory development
- Considers the applications of psychology to the care and education of young children, treating issues such as poverty, media, and the transition to school
- A valuable resource for students, scholars and practitioners dealing with young children
Edward Zigler, The Edward Zigler Center in Child Development and Social Policy
"This is a comprehensive and authoritative review of the field of early childhood research, covering the basic scientific and key policy issues, with contributions from the leading researchers. It will be an essential reference for anyone interested in the exciting early development of children, with the breadth, depth and clarity of its coverage."
Judy Dunn, Professor of Developmental Psychology, Institute of Psychiatry, London
"Kathleen McCartney and Deborah Phillips have recruited many of the top names in the field of early child development to provide timely and informative reviews of a very fast-moving field. This handbook will be obligatory reading for researchers and practitioners alike. Whether you are looking for a conceptual framework, the latest empirical findings in key domains such as the development of cognition, language and emotion, or the implications for policy, this book should serve as a first point of reference."
Paul L. Harris, Harvard University
"This book simply redefines "comprehensive"! It is truly interactive in that it constantly elicits the reader's input by raising and/or addressing issues that reach far beyond the printed page."
Toni Brennan, University of Surrey
“The assembling of a large number of qualified experts to write short, clear summaries of their areas is an impressive achievement, and the context and policy sections go beyond expectations … making it valuable even to scholars already knowledgeable in the field.”
Marie-Pierre M. Gosselin and David R. Foreman, Canadian Psychology
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Psychology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology >> Professional
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Psychology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Psychology
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.