or checkout with
The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Religion and Social Justice - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Religion and Social Justice - eBook|
By: Michael D. Palmer(Eds.) & Stanley M. Burgess(Eds.)
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2012
Series: Wiley-Blackwell Companions to Religion
Stock No: WW27392EB
The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Religion and Social Justice brings together a team of distinguished scholars to provide a comprehensive and comparative account of social justice in the major religious traditions.
- The first publication to offer a comparative study of social justice for each of the major world religions, exploring viewpoints within Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Confucianism
- Offers a unique and enlightening volume for those studying religion and social justice - a crucially important subject within the history of religion, and a significant area of academic study in the field
- Brings together the beliefs of individual traditions in a comprehensive, explanatory, and informative style
- All essays are newly-commissioned and written by eminent scholars in the field
- Benefits from a distinctive four-part organization, with sections on major religions; religious movements and themes; indigenous people; and issues of social justice, from colonialism to civil rights, and AIDS through to environmental concerns
MICHAEL D. PALMER is a professor of philosophy at Regent University. In addition to numerous scholarly articles, book chapters, and reviews, he has published four books, including a two-volume work The Holy Spirit and Social Justice, Interdisciplinary Global Perspectives (2019), coedited with Antipas Harris. Palmer has extensive experience teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in moral theory, social ethics, applied ethics, and philosophy of religion. He has also conducted professional workshops and seminars for educators on topics relating to religion and ethics.
STANLEY M. BURGESS is Professor Emeritus, Missouri State University. In addition to over 150 scholarly articles, he has published numerous books, including the International Dictionary of Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements (2002), the Encyclopedia of Pentecostal and Charismatic Christianity (2004), and Christian Peoples of the Spirit: a Documentary Collection (2011).
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Social Justice/Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Religion >> Activism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Religion
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Religion
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.