Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Black and White: Disrupting Racism One Friendship at a Time - eBook|
By: Teesha Hadra, John Hambrick
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Abingdon Press
|Publication Date: 2019|
Stock No: WW98466EB
Working against racism is part of what it means to call Jesus Lord and Savior.
Most of us dont need to make speeches. We need to make friends. This is the core message of Black and White: racism can be disrupted by relationships. If you will risk forging friendships with those who do not look like you, it will change the way you see the world, and that could change the world.
The authors, Teesha Hadra, a young African American woman, and John Hambrick, a sixty-year-old white man, bring a confident and redemptive tone to this hope because that is exactly what theyve experienced. Black and White leverages their story, surrounding it with others stories, practical advice, and exploration of the systems of racism to motivate you to consider your own role in change.
- Learn about the various and often subtle ways racism continues to be a part of American culture.
- Discover how simple (albeit not always easy) it is to get involved in what God is doing to disrupt racism.
- Become equipped to take faithful, practical, next steps in obedience to Gods call to join the movement against racism.
"Awareness creates discontent. A lack of awareness often results in complacency. When it comes to racism theres no room for complacency. Especially for Christ followers. In Black & White my friends Teesha Hadra and John Hambrick stir our awareness. My hopetheir hopeis that having become aware we will become permanently and passionately discontent with racism in all of its insidious forms and expressions."
Andy Stanley, pastor and founder of North Point Community Church, author of Irresistible
John Hambrick currently works at Buckhead Church, the urban campus of North Point Ministries. He is an ordained Presbyterian pastor who earned a B.A. degree from Pepperdine University, an M.Div. degree from Fuller Seminary, and a doctoral degree from Columbia Seminary. He met Teesha Hadra in 2013 when she was on staff at Buckhead Church.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Politics >> Racial Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Politics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality