Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Joe Books LTD
Publication Date: 2014
Black Beauty is one of the best-selling novels ever published and takes its title from the horse who narrates the story. Black Beauty begins his young life in the English countryside and eventually becomes a cab horse in London. After many moves and changes, he retires back in his beloved green pastures, where he reflects on the treatment he received, both good and bad, by his owners and handlers. The only book by English author Anna Sewell, Black Beauty was meant to call for humane and ethical treatment of animals, particularly horses, with which Sewell shared a special bond throughout her life. First published in 1877, Black Beauty has been adapted multiple times for film and television.
Born into a deeply devout Quaker family, English author Anna Sewell is best-known for her childhood classic Black Beauty. Critically injured as a child, Sewell was unable to walk without aid, and became highly skilled at driving horse-drawn carriages. These close interactions with horses led to an interest in their ethical treatment, and inspired Black Beauty, which was written in declining health late in her life, and which remains her only novel. Sewell died of hepatitis in 1878.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Animal Stories
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Children's Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Classics
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Children's Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Classics
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Animal Stories
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Classic Fiction