Add To Cart
The Biology for the Grammar Stage Teacher Guide includes 36 weeks of lessons plans that include a 20-week animal unit, a 10-week human body unit, and a 6-week plant unit. Based on a classical science education methodology, this manual is designed to give teachers the tools to help elementary students explore biological topics.
Unit overview pages list a books schedule, weekly sequence of study, poems to memorize, supplies needed for the unit, and vocabulary.
Weekly lesson components include:
- A science demonstration (using easy-to-find materials)
- A science-oriented books section (which provides the reading assignments with page numbers and optional additional books)
- Notebooking instructions (narration, lapbooking, and vocabulary) which often involve the student workbook pages
- Multi-week project and activity instructions
- Memorization of vocabulary & basic facts
- Quiz (in student workbook) with quiz answer key
- Two schedules: one 2-days-per-week and one 5-days-per week
The student workbook is sold-separately but necessary, as it contains the pages needed to complete narrations, lab reports, and multi-week projects.
There are five required books for this curriculum, and eight options:
- Kingfisher First Encyclopedia of Animals (K-2) or DK Encyclopedia of Animals (2-4)
- DK First Human Body Encyclopedia (Grades 1-3) or Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia (Grades 4-6)
- Plant Parts (Life of Plant Series )(Grades 1-4) or Usborne Science Encyclopedia (Grades 3-5)
- Janice Van Cleave's Biology for Every Kid and
- Janice VanCleave's Science Around the World
206 pages, softcover.
|Title: Biology for the Grammar Stage Teacher Guide|
By: Paige Hudson
Number of Pages: 208
Vendor: Elemental Science Inc.
Publication Date: 2014
|Dimensions: 10 X 8 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 3 ounces
Series: Elemental Science Classic
Stock No: WW614303
Lifepac Science Grade 2 Unit 3: AnimalsAlpha Omega Publications / Trade Paperback$6.00 Retail:
$7.50Save 20% ($1.50)
Big Bible Science: Experiment and Explore God's WorldErin Lee GreenCF4Kids / 2016 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:
$12.99Save 23% ($3.00)
Skill Sharpeners: Science, Grade 2Evan-Moor Educational Publishers / 2015 / Trade Paperback$6.89 Retail:Video
$9.99Save 31% ($3.10)