Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Bioethics and the Christian Life: A Guide to Making Difficult Decisions - eBook|
By: David VanDrunen
Format: DRM Free ePub
|Publication Date: 2009|
Stock No: WW7549EB
Just about everyone will face a difficult bioethics decision at some point. In this book a theologian, ethicist, and lawyer equips Christians to make such decisions based on biblical truth, wisdom, and virtue.
Though a relatively new discipline, bioethics has generated extraordinary interest due to a number of socially pressing issues. Bioethics and the Christian Life places bioethics within the holistic context of the Christian life, both developing a general Christian approach to making bioethics decisions and addressing a number of specific, controversial areas of bioethics.
Clear, concise, and well-organized, the book is divided into three sections. The first lays the theological foundation for bioethics decision-making and discusses the importance of wisdom and virtue in working through these issues. The second section addresses beginning-of-life issues, such as abortion, stem-cell research, and infertility treatments. The third section covers end-of-life issues, such as living wills, accepting and refusing medical treatment, and treatment of patients in permanent vegetative states.
The book introduces people to these very sensitive and mostly recent issues. The Christian ethics and morals used in this book are solid, but the material is not fully developed. Whereas the issues are well introduced, there are very few real conclusions given. VanDrunen mostly recommends that Christians should carefully consider their motives for whichever difficult challenges they face. He does not have a stance on the majority of the issues. There are a couple of instances where he does have a position, but some of those positions seem controversial, if not extreme. This book could be effectively used as a discussion starter in churches or schools, but it might be disturbing to someone facing a life and death ethical issue all alone. Andrew Broersma, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Medical Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Science & Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Science >> Science & Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Medical Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Science
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Science
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.