- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2010
IF THERE WERE SUCH A JOB AS THE NATIONS PASTOR, IT WOULD GO TO BILLY GRAHAM
Graham wasnt born with a mandate to become the face of modern evangelism. Growing up, he wasnt much different from other boys in his town. Billy was more interested in going to the movies than the moving of the Holy Spirit, and he spent more time chasing girls than God. But at a revival meeting the day before his sixteenth birthday, Graham committed himself to Christ and never looked back. That day, he started on the path that would make him the most influential Christian leader in American history.
In Billy Graham: His Life and Influence, acclaimed author David Aikman probes critical episodes of Grahams life that help explain his profound impact, both on the public life of America and other nations and the private lives of their cultural and political leaders. From the racial upheaval of the civil rights movement to the social turmoil of the cold war, Aikman traces Grahams profound influence on a nation as it went through wrenching changes over the span of more than a half century. Through vivid anecdotes and fascinating details, Billy Graham: His Life and Influence tells the story of how a country boy from Charlotte with a heart for God grew up to help shape the world.
David Aikman is former Senior Correspondent for TIME magazine. He has written numerous TIME cover stories, including three "Man of the Year" profiles. Aikman has also written for the Weekly Standard and Christianity Today. He is the author of Great Souls, When the Almond Tree Blossoms, Jesus in Beijing, and the bestseller A Man of Faith: The Spiritual Journey of George W. Bush.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Biographical Portraits
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> General Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Biographical Portraits
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> General Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Biographical Portraits
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> General Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction