Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Excellent for students and parents, especially homeschoolers, and for educators who want to present the "full picture".
Number of Pages: 300
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
The Creationists: From Scientific Creationism to Intelligent DesignRonald L. NumbersHarvard University Press / 2006 / Trade Paperback$36.56
Dr. Geoffrey Simmons focuses on the millions of structures and systems on the Earth that came about all at once, entire...with no preceding links, no subsequent links, no "sideways" links.
To illustrate, he surveys examples like...
- the hummingbird and its circulatory system
- insects and insect-eating plants
- the role of the thousands of species of viruses
- chemical signals and the sensory apparatus that detects them
- the self-regulating capacity of the Earth's ocean/air/soil system
It's clear: Nature containsonly leaps, not links. Only the intelligence and purpose of an all-powerful Designer can explain the intricate creatures, connections, and "coincidences" everywhere.
Excellent for students and parents, especially homeschoolers, and for educators who want to present the "full picture."
Early in this volume, Simmons explains the theory of ID. It is not synonymous with Creationism, although Creationists, both young world and old world, can value it. People of many beliefs and many scientists subscribe to ID. This author often refers to billions of years of growth. Dont let this push you, as a Creationist, away. The information contained in this book will be powerful ammunition for you, leaving you in joyful wonderment at the greatness of our God.
The Christian publishers, Harvest House, included a pamphlet with my copy of this book: Intelligent Design: What You Need to Know. This pamphlet begins with quotes from the Bible, provides pertinent scientific data, answers objections to ID, and shows how Christians use this theory.
The pelicans nostril has a flap that closes when it dives. There are over a hundred different proteins in leech saliva. The elephants bone structure is specifically designed to cope with its massive size. Our bodies contain 10 to 75 trillion cells, each one designed to do a special job. Those facts are but a sampling of the hundreds you'll read. Billions of Missing Links starts on the land, enters the sea, takes to the air, burrows into the ground, and considers the sub-microbial world. It considers motion, structure, chemistry, electricity, bioluminescence, symbiosis, natural law, plants, animals, humans - and much more.
A talented fact-gatherer as well as a scientist, Simmons interest-catching writing style coupled with wonders of life makes this a hard-to-put-down book. Add to this interesting black and white illustrations and engrossing sidebars, and youve got a book well worth reading. The bibliography provides many scientifically-based books which will help you read further into whatever of the myriad subjects interests you most. Simmons other book on this subject, What Darwin Didnt Know, is just as engrossing. Donna Eggett, Christian Book Previews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Origins of Man/Life >> Intelligent Design
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview >> God & Science >> Origins of Man/Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview >> God & Science >> Science
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Science & Evolution
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Science >> Intelligent Design
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.