or checkout with
Biblical Project Management: Re-Building the Wall Around Jerusalem - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Biblical Project Management: Re-Building the Wall Around Jerusalem - eBook|
By: Kenrick H. Burgess
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Elm Hill
|Publication Date: 2020|
Stock No: WW104368EB
This book is about biblical project management, principles, tools, techniques, and practices used by Nehemiah, a cupbearer to the King of the Persian Empire in the re-building of the wall around Jerusalem and its revitalization. It can be used as a manual for project recovery by project sponsors, owners, leaders, project managers and teams managing projects.
The book has three parts:
Part One deals with the characteristics and definitions of a project and biblical project management, the roles of a project manager, and the importance of stewardship in project management. There is also a brief overview of the Bible, its inspired writers, its impact, legal, financial, and project management systems.
Part Two examines Nehemiahs project recovery management methodology, and his incredible use of advanced project management tools and techniques are demonstrated by referring to the approaches that he used to re-build the wall and achieve spiritual revival in Jerusalem.
The reader will learn:
- about Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah
- how to prepare a project background and project definition report
- how to make successful interventions and to present the case for the recovery of a project to owners, sponsors, politicians and public officials
- how to conduct a detailed assessment of a troubled project
- how to do project reviews and document the variances in the scope of works, objectives, milestones, resources, quality, risks and expected deliverables, and to decide on the way forward
- about the capabilities required by the project manager to rescue projects such as courage; leadership; project management skills; technical competencies; project knowledge and understanding; wisdom; solving disputes; assessing the actual scope of works required; and evaluating the cultural, political, economic, social, environmental, and technical issues
- what to include in a final assessment report
- how to prepare the work breakdown structure, precedence network diagram; milestone plan, responsibility matrix, project organization, risk management plan
- how to develop the fifteen plans necessary for construction and control planning
- teamwork strategies, networking, project oversight, monitoring, tracking, construction management, stakeholders management and analyses, reasons why projects fail, the role of a project champion, and critical success factors for rescuing troubled projects
- Nehemiahs project recovery management methodology
- how to revitalize and bring spiritual revival to a city
- how to conduct an ex-post evaluation of a project, and
- how to dedicate a project.
Part Three discusses a) the significance-driven project manager; b) leadership; c) the significance of the walls, towers and gates around Jerusalem; d) how to follow the footsteps of Nehemiah, and e) power tools and power required for project managers.
Kenrick H. Burgess is an ordained minister, civil engineer, entrepreneur, and consultant. He is now a director in the world missions Department of the Wesleyan Holiness Church where he served for over 25 years as a pastor. Kenrick holds a doctorate in leadership and management, Master of Business Administration, Master of Arts in ministry, Bachelor of Science in civil engineering, and more. His wife Margaret is an attorney - at - law and author; their daughter Peggy-Ann is a medical doctor.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Arts & Music >> Art >> Architecture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Arts & Music
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Arts & Music
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.