or checkout with
The Art& Craft of Biblical Preaching: A Comprehensive Resource for Today's Communicators - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: The Art& Craft of Biblical Preaching: A Comprehensive Resource for Today's Communicators - eBook|
By: Haddon W. Robinson
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2009
Stock No: WW2552EB
A Comprehensive Resource for Todays Christian Communicators.
This extensive encyclopedia is the most complete and practical work ever published on the art and craft of biblical preaching. Its 11 major sections contain nearly 200 articles, comprehensively covering topics on preaching and methodology, including:
- Sermon structure and "the big idea."
- The art of introductions, transitions, and conclusions.
- Methods for sermon prep, from outlining to exercising.
- Approaches to different types of preaching: topical, expository, evangelistic, and more.
- Best practices for sermon delivery, speaking with authority, and using humor.
- Leveraging effective illustrations and stories.
- Understanding audience.
- and much more.
Entries are characterized by intensely practical and vivid writing designed to help preachers deepen their understanding and sharpen their communication skills. The contributors include a virtual Whos Who of preaching from a cross section of denominations and traditions, such as Dallas Willard, John Ortberg, Rick Warren, Warren Wiersbe, Alice Mathews, John Piper, Andy Stanley, and many others.
Haddon Robinson and Craig Brian Larsontwo of todays most respected voices in preachingprovide editorial oversight.
Includes audio CD with preaching technique examples from the book.
Craig Brian Larson is chief editor for Christianity Today's PreachingToday.com, an online journal and illustration service. He also pastors a church in Chicago, Illinois. His books include Contemporary Illustrations for Preachers, Teachers, and Writers; Preaching That Connects; and The Art and Craft of Biblical Preaching. He and his family live in the Chicago suburbs.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Supplies >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation >> Introductions
- Church & Supplies >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation >> Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Supplies >> Preaching
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.