Add To Cart
There is little doubt that the inerrancy of the Bible is a current and often contentious topic among evangelicals. The Five Views on Biblical Inerrancy course bundle showcases the spectrum of evangelical positions on inerrancy and facilitates understanding of these perspectives, particularly where and why they diverge.
Each main lesson considers:
- the present context and the viability and relevance of inerrancy for contemporary Christian witness;
- whether and to what extent Scripture teaches its own inerrancy;
- the position's assumed/implied understandings of the nature of Scripture, God, and truth; and
- three difficult biblical texts: one that implies intra-canonical contradictions, one that raises questions of theological plurality, and one that concerns historicity.
Five Views on Biblical Inerrancy serves not only as a resource for surveying the current debate, but also as a catalyst both for understanding and advancing the conversation further. Featuring scholars Al Mohler, Kevin Vanhoozer, Michael Bird, Peter Enns, and John Franke, lessons provide viewers with the tools they need to draw informed conclusions on this debated issue.
Learn from the world's leading Christian scholars—with all-inclusive, self-guided study packages.
Exclusively available at Christianbook, Zondervan's new Video Lecture Course Bundles offer students thorough, meaningful explorations of biblical, theological, and practical ministry topics.
Each Course Bundle includes:
- a main textbook, written by a respected scholar who combines subject matter expertise with years of teaching experience;
- DVDs of corresponding chapter video lessons, professionally filmed and taught by the author(s);
- a course guide with step-by-step direction to review each chapter’s material after reading the textbook and viewing the DVDs.
- (In some instances, a workbook or a DVD study guide may also be included.)
Course guides have been designed to equip you with tools to aid your study. Most chapters begin with a “You Should Know” section, which highlights key terminology, people, and facts for a helpful summary. Next come reflection questions, typically two or three per chapter, that prompt you to review and assess key points you’ve learned. Discussion questions follow to invite you to an even deeper level of engagement. Finally, most chapters end with a short quiz and answer key to test your retention.
You’ll have everything you need for a rich and productive learning experience—at your own pace, on your own schedule—in an approachable, easy-to-follow format.
This Product Contains The Following Items▼▲
|Title: Five Views on Biblical Inerrancy - Video Lecture Course Bundle|
Format: Other, N/A
|Publication Date: 2013|
Weight: 1 pound 2 ounces
Stock No: WW331360X
Kevin DeYoungCrossway / 2016 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$10.994.5 out of 5 stars for Taking God at His Word: Why the Bible Is Knowable, Necessary, and Enough, and What That Means for You and Me. View reviews of this product. 14 Reviews
Retail Price$14.99Save 27% ($4.00)
John PiperCrossway / 2016 / HardcoverOur Price$17.495 out of 5 stars for A Peculiar Glory: How the Christian Scriptures Reveal Their Complete Truthfulness. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews Video
Retail Price$24.99Save 30% ($7.50)
Norman L. Geisler, William C. RoachBaker Books / 2011 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$18.994.5 out of 5 stars for Defending Inerrancy: Affirming the Accuracy of Scripture for a New Generation. View reviews of this product. 4 Reviews
Retail Price$25.00Save 24% ($6.01)
Matthew BarrettZondervan / 2016 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$19.494 out of 5 stars for Gods Word Alone: The Authority Of Scripture. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews
Retail Price$28.99Save 33% ($9.50)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.