- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
As people face addictions, deal with loss and grief, and seek help in restoring broken relationships, where can they turn for counsel and assistance? The local church has been uniquely blessed with the gift of the gospel and is able to offer hope and counsel that no other institution on earth can.
In Biblical Counseling and the Church, Bob Kellemen and Kevin Carson have assembled over twenty respected ministry leaders who examine the relationship between counseling and the church. This comprehensive resource, part of the Biblical Counseling Coalition series, helps leaders and counselors develop a vision that goes beyond being a church with a biblical counseling ministry to becoming a church of biblical counselinga church culture that is saturated by "one-another" ministry.
Divided into five parts, Biblical Counseling and the Church will help church leaders:
- Unite the pulpit ministry of preaching the Word with the personal ministry of the Word in counseling
- Offer practical and theological training to equip counselors
- Launch and lead a counseling ministry, regardless of the size of your church
- Bring together the relational focus of small group ministry with the ministry of care and counseling
- Better understand the relationship between biblical counseling, church discipline, and conflict resolution
- Learn how to use counseling in outreach through "missional" biblical counselingmoving biblical counseling beyond the doors of the church and into the world
Jimmy ReaganLeesville, SCAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5A Great Guide For Counseling MinistryMarch 22, 2016Jimmy ReaganLeesville, SCAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This attractive book is likely all you will ever need on the subject of counseling and the Church. Notice I didnt say on counseling, as this volume zeros in on how churches might carry out counseling ministry. It will not replace volumes on how to actually do counseling itself, though it evens offers many insights in that area too.
Part 1 was my personal favorite, and outstanding in every way. Chapter one looked at how churches, pastor and people, should see counseling as part of what we do. The superb chapter 2 called on pastors to see that their role to shepherd required that they counsel in addition to preaching. Drawing that conclusion from passages like I Peter 5:1-4, Ezekiel 34, and John 10 made that conclusion unanswerable. The next chapter tied in cultures impact. We had a chapter on uniting the public and private aspects of giving the Word among others. The section on church discipline was well done too.
The balance of the book talked about how to implement counseling into the ministry of the church. Though I finished some chapters thinking that wouldnt work in our church, the book strove to speak to churches of all sizes. It think it did a fine job in that regard.
The book was well written, had a high view of Scripture, was passionate about its subject, and clear in its suggestions. I recommend it.
I received this book free from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry