Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Providing psychological insights and practical theological training, Biblical Counseling and the Church brings together twenty respected leaders to help you unite preaching the word with personal care. This helpful resource will help you understand the connection between scriptural guidance, church discipline, and conflict resolution. It also teaches the church how to use counseling in outreach programs and more.
|Title: Biblical Counseling and the Church: God's Care Through God's People|
Number of Pages: 480
Publication Date: 2015
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 13 ounces
Stock No: WW520624
The Peacemaker: A Biblical Guide to Resolving Personal Conflict, Third EditionKen SandeBaker Books / 2003 / Trade Paperback$7.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 17 Reviews
$18.99Save 58% ($11.00)
Side by Side: Walking with Others in Wisdom and LoveEd WelchCrossway / 2015 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:
$14.99Save 27% ($4.00)
As people face addictions, deal with loss and grief, and seek help in restoring broken relationships, where can they turn for counsel and assistance? The local church has been uniquely blessed with the gift of the gospel and is able to offer hope and counsel that no other institution on earth can.
In Biblical Counseling and the Church, Bob Kellemen and Kevin Carson have assembled over twenty respected ministry leaders who examine the relationship between counseling and the church. This comprehensive resource, part of the Biblical Counseling Coalition series, helps leaders and counselors develop a vision that goes beyond being a church with a biblical counseling ministry to becoming a church of biblical counselinga church culture that is saturated by "one-another" ministry.
Divided into five parts, Biblical Counseling and the Church will help church leaders:
- Unite the pulpit ministry of preaching the Word with the personal ministry of the Word in counseling
- Offer practical and theological training to equip counselors
- Launch and lead a counseling ministry, regardless of the size of your church
- Bring together the relational focus of small group ministry with the ministry of care and counseling
- Better understand the relationship between biblical counseling, church discipline, and conflict resolution
- Learn how to use counseling in outreach through "missional" biblical counselingmoving biblical counseling beyond the doors of the church and into the world