Biblical Case for an Old Earth, A - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Biblical Case for an Old Earth, A - eBook|
By: David Snoke
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Baker Books
|Publication Date: 2006|
Stock No: WW12559EB
A Biblical Case for an Old Earth seeks to address the gap between theistic evolutionism and young-earth creationism by finally paying due attention to the biblical aspect of the debate. Both a scientist and a preacher, David Snoke presents a theological study of several themes in the evolution discussion, including the balance theme of Scripture and the day-age interpretation. Complete with an appendix that gives a literal translation of Genesis 1-11, this intriguing study will interest both scientists and lay Christians who want to dig into the faith-science intersection.
The author candidly admits that his research was designed to show how the Bible agrees with science. However, he urges his audience to thoughtfully consider if the facts he furnishes align with Scripture. A careful reading of his book reveals the biblical foundation upon which his opinions rest, but Christians still may not embrace these views with wholehearted abandon. Snoke understands the problems associated with his rendition of this issue, and he openly discusses some of these objections As his logic and faith formulate compelling arguments, readers will dig deeper into their Bibles to follow his line of reasoning. He is not afraid to tackle the harder questions of whether animals died before the Fall, or if the Flood was only a localized event. In addition, the author fully realizes the association of liberal theology and an old earth, thereby making his job of persuasion that much more difficult among evangelical believers. These pages offer an honest and urgent appeal to put aside any cherished beliefs and to take a hard look at this evidence.
Whether the earth is thousands or millions years old, the meticulous research of David Snoke is a valuable arsenal of ideas in this battle of the ages. Joyce Handzo, Christian Book Previews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Origins of Man/Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview >> God & Science >> Origins of Man/Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.